ASP.Net Core Web Application (.Net Core)

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Mike Carroll, Jul 20, 2016.

1. When will ASP.Net Core Web Application (.Net Core) be supported if it is not already supported.

I am creating a set of web sites that will sit on Everleap servers and I am deciding what framework to base all the web sites on.

An answer to my question is desired. Plus I would be interested in any pearls of wisdom you can throw in there while you are answering.

2. Takeshi

Takeshi Everleap staff

We are working with Microsoft on getting ASP.NET Core support on Everleap. Unfortunately, with Windows Azure Pack, we will need to get a WAP update to get full ASP.NET Core support. At this point, we do not have a set timeframe for when we will get the update.

We did launch ASP.NET Core support at our sister hosting company, DiscountASP.NET. If you want to test Core out, you can do that there.

Some things to consider - while ASP.NET Core is the next evolution of ASP.NET - it is a completely rewritten ASP.NET and is not at feature parity with ASP.NET 4.6. Microsoft will be launching updates to Core to get to parity over the year, but if you want a more full featured ASP.NET now, then ASP.NET 4.6 may be the way to go.

Ray Huang and mjp like this.