Need Help Selecting A Framework

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by jccviking, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice.

For quite a few years, I've been using a development product named Code On Time. On many fronts, it's a fabulous tool but support is mostly non-existent, and I'm worried about the wellbeing of the company.

Using Code On Time, I've written a number of apps for clients and I'm concerned I may need to re-create them with another framework. But when I peruse the web looking at the available frameworks, I quickly get dizzy and confused.

I'm wondering if you might be able to give me a steer. Here is a list of relevant items:

1. I use Visual Studio and C# exclusively (augmenting what Code On Time does) and I consider myself a pretty decent C# programmer.
    2. I always use SQL Server for data storage and I'm pretty decent with that too.
    3. All of the apps I write are database CRUD combined with lots of behind-the-scenes manipulation/evaluation/indicated action.
    4. Code On Time does a fabulous job of creating a CRUD UI. So much so, that I would hardly know where to begin coding that stuff on my own.
    5. My JavaScript skills are very, very basic.
    6. The web apps I built before starting with Code On Time were all ASP.NET web forms. I've never done anything with Razor or Blazor
    7. I would like to stay with C# and Visual Studio but, if I should consider other options, I will.
    So, armed with the above, what recommendations can you give for a good framework that maybe (hopefully) provides good CRUD functionality?

Thanks,
    JCC