how to reduce the bounce rate?

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by sonamg, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Hi, can anyone please tell me how to reduce the bounce rate of my website?

2. JMeeks

JMeeks Everleap staff

I'm guessing since the tags for this are mobile related you are concerned about your mobile bounce rate. Keep in mind that on average mobile bounce rate is always 10% to 20% higher than desktop. That normally is due to things like "fat fingers" where people try to tap one link or image but accidentally hit the one next to it, creating a situation where they bounce on your site. Big thing to keep in mind is to constantly design for mobile. If your page isn't mobile friendly people will automatically bounce on your site.

Some things to keep in mind:

1. Make sure the format and layout of the page loads in a way that isn't broken or doesn't break the flow of the page.
    2. Make your content is readable in a mobile format without having to zoom in on the text or scroll around the page.
    3. Make the navigation for your site is easy to access and use.
    4. Work to improve the load time on mobile. Remember, people are not always on wifi when trying to access your page

Over all, work on bounce rate as a whole. A good basic starting point is to check out this article on tactics to reduce bounce rate. It covers the basics to keep in mind and really is a good "Best Practices" kind of template when optimizing your site for the user experience.

3. Follow below techniques, will get to reduce your bounce rate
    • Optimize Page Load Time
    • Make Your Content More Accessible with Smart Formatting
    • Use Sidebar Widgets and Promotions Sparingly
    • Cross-Reference Bounce Rate with Time on Site
    • Ruthlessly Optimize for Relevance
    • Include a Single, Clear Call to Action
    • Use a Logical - and USEFUL – Internal Linking Structure
    • Rework Your Product Pages
    • Make Your Site Easy to Search
    • Optimize for Mobile