Resolved and monitoring Network/Access issues

Discussion in 'Outages and maintenance' started by Martin Ortega, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Martin Ortega

Martin Ortega Everleap staff

Our system administrators our currently working on resolving the problem as soon as possible. Please monitor this forum post for further updates.

2. Martin Ortega

We're working as fast as possible. I'll provide more updates as I get them.

3. Is this hardware? Software? Configuration? DDoS?

4. Martin Ortega

At this moment I haven't received information from our system admins. They are working on the issue. I'll have more once they provide it to us.

5. What is going on .. StockHoot.com is down

6. Martin Ortega

Just heard back from our system admins. A backend Storage is having an issue.

This will be an extended outage due to this problem.

No exact ETA at the moment.

I'll reply back once I hear more.

7. With cloud solution I don’t see reason for storage issue ...

8. Martin Ortega

That's the problem right now and we're working on it. I'll reply once I hear more information.

9. I know it can be difficult to say, but when you say extended outage, do you mean hours, days or weeks? Should we start looking at getting our disaster recovery plan in action?

10. Appreciate you are just the middleman Martin. But something to revisit after the dust settles - you guys need to sit down and have a hard word. There shouldn't be a single point of failure that can take down all your sites, and your control panel.

11. Martin Ortega

No exact time or ETA was provided so I can't say how long it will take. But they been working on the problem since it started.

12. Martin Ortega

Yes thank you for your feedback. We have weekly meetings and we discuss every outage we have on Everleap and how we can improve and prevent these things from happening again.

We don't take these outages lightly.

Once we have more information we most definitely will be reviewing this current outage.

13. We all have clients, and we need to be able to tell them something. We look like fools.

Everleap needs to quickly give us a reason that we can convey to our clients as to why we all should not pack up and find another hosting company.

14. Ironic that you need a disaster plan for your cloud based WWW

15. Always have a Plan B

16. I am pretty sure I already lost one potential customer here. I did not know the website was down and I did not get the call back after I suggested they go look at the pictures on the website ( they would have been 3 nights at $185 + tax per night ). I know I am not the biggest fish around, but I switch to you guys because I thought you would be more reliable then my last web host. The first outage not long ago did not phase me much, everyone has a bad day.

However, what really has me stressing out is no information on how long this will be down? I need to know if I need to start scrambling for alternatives here.

Any information on expected down time would be appreciated.

17. It seems I cannot connect to the database server. Any news when that might be up and online? I could temporary host elsewhere quickly if that database server was online.

18. oh! its online!

it lives!

*immensely relieved*

19. Not up 100% i wouldn't get too excited

20. Try www.uptimerobot.com (for future outages)

21. Please get the CP and FTP up and running

22. Can you please complete your Root Cause Analysis and share with the community. We have large audience that uses our platform and reliability is key.

23. Guys, the databases seem to be out of date :(

24. Martin Ortega

Sites should start to work on Everleap very soon. We're still checking.

25. Martin Ortega

More detailed information will be provided at a later time after further investigation.

26. Martin Ortega

27. Databases look ok now

28. Please restore access to CP and FTP

29. Martin Ortega

Update. I'm seeing a few sites coming up at the moment. We're still working on our control panel.