Reserved Cloud Server Multiple Domains / Multi Site with Expression Engine

Discussion in 'Domain names/DNS' started by ryan, Feb 19, 2015.

1. I am looking at installing a multi site version of Expression Engine. Typically you would create your main domain folder /domain1.com and have your expression engine install located there. For additional domains you would create an add-on domain (cpanel / media templae etc) and would be automatically created /domain2.com folder. You would then place an index.php file that would use the Expression Engine System folder within /domain1.com. Is this possible with Everleap? If i create a new Site on Everleap is it able to access the /domain1.com folder structure? If not any suggestions on how to get this working? For reference here is the documentation on setting it up typically:

https://ellislab.com/expressionengine/user-guide/cp/sites/domainsetup.html

2. mjp

mjp

3. Thanks MJP for the quick response!

I actually did give that read. I do have the Multi Site plan... and was going to setup 3 sites. Just wondering if you are able to access the other sites directly via a folder structure. So if i place files in domainname2.com's webroot can i access domainname1.com's folders where the CMS files are? This way I can use Expression Engine to manage all 3 sites from a single dashboard.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  4. Frankc

Frankc Everleap staff

No. Each site has its own space and for security purpose application from 1 site cannot access others.

5. Booo ok well if you have any suggestions that would be much appreciated. Was really hoping to port all my sites over :(

Here's what they suggest: https://ellislab.com/expressionengine/user-guide/cp/sites/domainsetup.html but maybe using folders on domainname1.com and domain name pointers with redirects to a sub folder with a separate index.php file would work as it could access the folder above?

Thanks,
    Ryan