Any thoughts on WordPress?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by PeterNolan, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Hi Guys,
    I am getting some people asking me to do simple wordpress sites....so I have learned how to use wordpress over the last few weeks. I hosted them on enom.com where I register my domains. Hosting there is very "budget". But it already means I have to lean the new control panels etc.

I was wondering if Everleap will also host wordpress sites...or already does? You have mysql so I am not sure if there is an inhibitor for WP.

Thanks

Peter

2. Ray Huang

Ray Huang Everleap staff

Yes, you can host WordPress on Everleap. We have a demo here.

3. Hi Ray,
    thanks for letting me know. It is much appreciated. I saw "php" etc "supported" but I was not sure how enthusiastic Everleap is about WP. WP is not so much a "windows" app like DNN.

I just did an install on my own 2012 server and it worked really easily. I just used the new web installer from MSFT.

I think what I will do is let the sites I already have stay on enom. I do not think they will generate much traffic/business. And when I have another WP site to do I will start it up on EL and see how that goes.

I presume that it works like DNN where I register the site with enom.com and then point it to EL as the site hoster...right? Is there any documentation in the forums or help about how WP is supported at EL? Something to fill me in?

Thanks again.

Peter

4. Ray Huang

Ray Huang Everleap staff

Hi Peter,

You could register the domain name through us for easier management if you'd like. We do offer registration services for the more well known top-level domain names such as .com, .net, .info, .biz, etc. If you need help with installing WordPress on Everleap, we provide instructions in our Knowledge Base article.

mjp likes this.
  5. Hi Ray,
    thanks for the link. When I get another one to do I will give it a go. It would be nice to host sites all in the one place.

DASP did not used to register domains so years and years ago I registered my domains with enom. DASP put the accounts with twocows if I recall correctly.

Do you register them directly now or still get a registrar to do that? I have more than 50 domains registered so it is a bit of a hassle to move them now. They are pretty much "set and forget" over there on enom.

Best Regards

Peter

6. Ray Huang

Ray Huang Everleap staff

It's still through OpenSRS, but you can purchase and manage them through the Everleap Control Panel. And with Everleap, you can manage multiple sites under a single Control Panel now.

mjp likes this.
  7. Hi Ray,
    it didn't take long. One of my clients saw this site in progress http://www.instantdw.com/ and sent me an email asking for one the same. He really liked it. We created a temporary site for them on DNN but they had trouble getting their domain name transferred to me. Now I have a new domain for them I can start on a WP site...so it will be an interesting experiment. We shall see how it goes. I would rather do as much hosting as I can on EL. You guys have given me great support for 8 years for my small and nominal sites. Now that we are about to build some large commercial sites? I would prefer to go with the guys I know. I am a big proponent of customer loyalty even if my customers and colleagues have not been that loyal to me! LOL!!

Michael Ossou and mjp like this.