How do we view website diagnostics?

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by DesertRambler, Feb 25, 2015.

1. I have enabled diagnostics for my website so that I can track a problem I am having, but I don't know where in the Control Panel I can VIEW those diagnostics? How do I use them to track down my website problem?

Also, how do I set permissions on my website files. I don't think that is the issue I am having, but I want to be able to verify that is not the problem.

Thank you,
    Cindy

2. The diagnostic tools are application logs that are captured in a text or XML file. There is not a tool in Control Panel that will help you read them. However, you should be able to download these log files to your computer via FTP so that you can view them.

An account on Everleap should already have full read and write permission to the root and all of the files and folders within it. You really do not need to modify any permissions.

mjp likes this.
  3. I found the log files. Thank you!

I thought the file permissions would already be set as you say, but was having a problem in my web application and wanted to rule out file permissions as the culprit. I have since solved the real problem and, of course, it was not related to file permissions. ;)

Thank you for your quick response! :)

mjp likes this.